Friday, May 21, 2010

Frozen Hot Chocolates ENFIN!!!!!!

This morning, I had my philosophy CM at an ungodly hour. I had practically just fallen asleep when I woke up to leave. The class was kind of interesting, I suppose. We talked about racism. He thinks that women are a different race, and very inferior to men. Then he said he was just kidding. I'm not sure anymore. In order to understand racism, I apparently have to read de Tocqueville, but I'm feeling lazy since I'm only here for eight more days and since I have no more grades for this course. So, maybe I'll read it when I get back to the United States. : (

After that, I should have come back and taken a nap. But I'm not smart like that - I instead wrote about two and a half pages of my literature paper about the bridge. I don't know where it's going, but hopefully it's strange enough for the professor. Finally, I took a very long walk from my house to Gare de Lyon, then took the metro to the Louvre, walked to Pont Neuf so I could spy on a homeless guy who couldn't walk without a cane and a MacDonald's cup for spare change, then got some gelato because I figure I was eating too much Berthillon (melon and coconut - Grom's two new flavors for the month of May), went to my favorite little park with the broken tree and the rosebushes to skype with Allison while the bells of Notre-Dame were ringing, and then taught English. Guess what - Jerome had no idea what impayable meant. I told him it's what I am, since I don't think I know exactly either. His mom explained it, kind of.

Finally, the frozen hot chocolate!! Paola brought the blender and I had the powder, and we made them!
The ingredients

"Me and my baby, my baby and me" (by baby, I mean my frozen hot chocolate - just trying to make a Chicago reference)

Lovely

With a drop of Chantilly!

Paola and me with our spoils...aka, frozen hot chocolate!! I'm impayable.

Mme De La Taille and her frozen hot chocolate. She loved it!

Pierre liked it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment