Monday, April 26, 2010

Extra Letters

It is a full time job having Emma here. I have no idea how to plan days and get her to see as much of Paris as possible. It's been my goal to forget the tourist parts of Paris and to live like a Parisian! Now, it's past 2:00 in the morning and I'm just starting the blog, so it will be brief. I will write a lot when Emma is gone and I'm finally able to sleep again.

Today, we hit the Louvre in the morning then met my friend Leonardo (he's from Peru, so Emma got to speak Spanish with him) for lunch by the Eiffel Tower. After that, we went to the Centre Georges Pompidou so Emma could use the fantastic hand dryers (not even kidding), got crepes, considered a boat tour (which failed), met Leonardo's French friend Marine and tried to go to a free concert (also failed), and ended up riding back on the metro giving Emma a lesson in French (pronouncing station names and then swear words...yes sir!!). Emma kept asking why there are so many letters that the French just drop and Marine said: "It's just cool." She kept telling Emma every time there was "au" in a word: "There's an O, but you can't see it!"

Anyway, tomorrow is the test of how well I've taught Emma to survive in Paris. I have a flute lesson from 9:30 - 11:00, so Emma will have to survive until then. I'm sure she'll be able to. It's not that hard. Then, after that, I'm planning Pantheon, the church behind it, Luxembourg Gardens, then, dropping Emma off at a museum because I'm meeting Justine for lunch. She'll have to survive twice. Then, we're going to meet Alexandra for another museum, go to teach English (Jerome's thrilled - he gets two teachers for the price of one), then hang out with Pierre (we had a really really long conversation with him tonight). I'm ending the parentheses because I don't like them. In fact, I had no idea Pierre spoke English, or Mme De La Taille. We just have never spoken English. He really liked speaking English, but he thought we both talked really really fast. Everyone's been saying that. Apparently, Buffaloniennes talk fast.

I guess this entry wasn't brief. But now that it's 2:19, I'm going to bed so I can get up at 8:00 for my flute lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment