Tuesday, February 2, 2010

La Soirée de CUPA


This is going to be a short entry because it's really late. Today was unnecessarily busy. First, we had to be at CUPA at 10:30 to talk about courses, but everything they said they had already told us in our individual meetings. Then, we had a lunch to celebrate the end of orientation. Basically, it was quiche and cake. The top director knew me by name and spent a lot of time talking to me about my flute lessons - I actually have no idea how she knew me by name, since we had never really seen her before. Then, there was a session on methodology specific to taking a history course, which now I'm going to have to do, but the methodology wasn't really all that different. The different parts were how to cite sources, quotations, and just how to think about the questions. Then, I had my last language course (which is good, since that was not my favorite course), in which he basically told us to make an outline for an hour in class after Zach was done with his speech about the newspaper articles. In-class work seemed like a waste of time, especially since it had nothing to do with "la langue" and we had already covered making outlines in methodology.

Then, tonight was the party! They invited tons of French people - the friends and relatives of the two students who teach us, our host brothers and sisters, and more! I spent hours speaking French! It was fantastic - I talked to this one girl named Charline for a long time. She even gave a bunch of us her phone number and told us we should all hang out sometime! Anyway, I'm going to bed so I can wake up early tomorrow morning and pick my last two backup courses. I'll post pictures of the party tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment