Thursday, January 28, 2010

Le bien et le mal

The university visit this morning was a waste of time. I should have just slept. It took a while to get there, and the whole place was ugly! It was two or three big buildings, very modern, and basically on the northern outskirts of Paris. The course schedules weren't up yet, and besides, I already know when the two courses I want to take there are. Both buildings smelled like cigarettes too, which was funny since there were signs everywhere saying it was a non-smoking campus. Oh well, I wouldn't have expected it to be free of cigarettes. Needless to say, I won't be spending tons of time there when I'm not in class. And I also got invited to a party that's going to be thrown by their communist students club - I think I'll miss it, even though they have an open bar (where they'll serve red wine, undoubtedly!).

Other than that, the day was typical. Then, tonight, after dinner with Pierre, I went to meet my other host brother's (the one who lives in Nantes) friends. They want me to teach them English, but we mostly spoke French. They're going to pay me 45 Euros a week to teach them English for 3 and a half hours a week. Seems good to me! Maybe I won't go broke living in Paris for 4 and a half months.

No comments:

Post a Comment