Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Faire du shopping...

For the past week or so, I've been shopping - not just for clothes, but for everything! It's so boring. I've always hated shopping and not even the fact that I've been getting all this stuff for my trip to Paris could make it interesting. Aside from spending hours in malls and outlet stores and arguing constantly about what will and will not fit into the suitcases, I've also been on the internet, looking for power adapters (because the French just can't use the same kind of plug or voltage as the Americans do - that would be too easy) and other necessities that just don't interest me while I'm still in this country.

To make matters worse, my computer broke. It's been bad since October, when they reinstalled the motherboard the first time, but as of now, they have reinstalled that dumb part 3 times and today, they told me that if I turn the computer on again, it will explode. You see, the problem wasn't the motherboard. It was the fan. The fan didn't work properly, which overheated the computer (despite the cooling pad we bought) and fried the CPU. Yup, I have magical computer-destroying powers. I probably shouldn't be allowed on my parents' computer ever again. So, Dell (now #1 on my hit list, or at least they would be if I had a hit list) is sending me a new, better computer. The only catch (Catch-22?) is that it might not get here before I leave next Saturday. That would mean my parents would have to send it to Paris, which would be expensive and take time. The worst part is, the first few days I'm in Paris, I'll probably really want my computer! Good thing I got the iPod touch, but a computer is much easier to use with an actual keyboard.

And finally, the pièce de résistance: I have jury duty tomorrow. Pre-study abroad month stinks. I want to get out of this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment